Be informed at all times, receive important mails wherever you are—the information society makes tough demands of modern communications. Which is why Hotels, Cafes , Restaurants, Universities, Companies and local Authorities are expanding their offerings of Internet-based services to provide value-added services for their customers and target groups.
Public Spot solutions from LANCOM provide Independent hotspot operation via pre-paid vouchers or integrated hotspot operation with connection to external billing systems (using a RADIUS server) – whatever option you prefer, the LANCOM Public Spot option leaves it up to you. What’s more: It allows you to tailor your hotspot to optimally meet your specific requirements – to choose your preferred way of authentication, authorisation and accounting, and define separate firewall and routing settings for your guest access accounts.
- Students and professors use public spots on the university campus to access the Internet and faculty resources.
- Travelling business people can access their e-mails from the airport departure lounge.
- Hotel owners can provide their guests with high-speed Internet access for a fee.
- Libraries extend their classical options with new methods of research.
- Clinics offer differentiation in the competition for wealthy private patients by offering Internet access from the hospital bed.
- Football clubs provide the journalists in their stadiums with realtime connections to their editors via WLAN.
- Cities and holiday destinations complete their range of services by offering free Internet access.